Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Off to Avalon

 

 Well Avalon.  It isn't as crowded as I have seen it before.I had to go to the pump out dock first and that was a real challenge.  I guess if you keep doing this you have to get better at it. 
  Once again the Harbor Patrol showed me to my mooring (top the farthest boat to the right).  These moorings are even closer together than the ones in Two Harbors.  I just can't imagine what it is like if they are all filled.  This time I actually did it by myself.  Perhaps there is hope.
     As I was cleaning up the boat a dinghy came by with some other Ha Ha folks in it and invited me to breakfast the next morning.  I cleaned up the boat went to bed and then went ashore for breakfast and a hike with these folks.  Had a great time and just as they were going off to play Miniature Golf, Ricki and Pam showed up.  It was a nice reunion and we walked around a bit then went up the hill to a little Mexican place that had $1.00 tacos.  They were actually quite good and so was the gathering of the usual suspects.  Even Lori and Tom joined us for a few tacos.
  Well someone said something about the Marlin Club so we wandered over there and played a bit of pool
and the evening went downhill from there.  Actually
 it was a lot of fun.  One of the guys that I met who is doing the Ha Ha is quite good at pool and very good at teaching as well.  He gave us some good pointers.  That would be Dale and Dina from the boat Double Dharma. 
   I am gathering some laundry (very exciting) and will take it in to do some wash.  Waiting for Jaye and Art to arrive.  Haven't seen them for years and am looking forward to seeing them again. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice to have all of your friends close by. Sounds like you are having a grand time and improving every day. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crit, great to hear from you! Joyce and I are at Silver Strand til the 18th. Not near as exciting as your journeys. Cuz Bill may be coming next weekend to keep me company while Joyce runs off to Vegas to meet up with our grand neice (Allie) who is celebrating her 21st birthday and her grandmother (Joyce's sister Billie) and Billie's daughters - Debbie (Allie's mom) and Leslie. - 'Girls Gone Wild!'.
    Be safe, for heavens sake!
    Besos Abrazos, Mark

    ReplyDelete