Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Summer 2012 (5)



Going back  down the coast
I stopped at Cave Junction again to
spend a bit more time with the
sibs.  It was hard to stay away and
even harder to leave.
   We had a great day outing
starting in the redwoods.  I
of course did not drive, sat in the back seat with a towel over my head
and at times I would lay on the

seat with said towel over
my head!  Do you
believe it.  I don't get seasick anymore but
I do get car sick.  It is the strobe affect of
sun through the tall trees! Go figure.
   There was this knurl in one of the
trunks and the native Indians would never
touch that tree or harm that face.  It was
believed that it was the
face of one of their "Shamans" and that his
spirit lived on in the tree and around the
world as well.


Ida and Emma 
Beth and Friend at the River


Lisa, Emma and I all went to the beach on the way home.  We really wanted to stick our feet in the sand and  hear and see the waves.  Of course it was overcast.  That is the Oregon coast in the summer.  Not always of course but quite frequently.  It was lovely we headed home tired and happy after seeing our beloved Ocean. 

The Best French Toast
The Best View
     Well it was time to head back
to the Bay Area for my trip to Silverstrand Beach to stay with Mark and Joyce for a week before heading
to Colorado. On my trip down the coast I stopped in my favorite Inn.
The Albion.  There are no TV's and every room has a beautiful,
unobstructed view of the Ocean.
They also have a restaurant to
"die" for.  I drank dinner and
munched in anticipation of the
breakfast I knew was in my future.
I was not disappointed except for
lack of room in my stomach.
Mmmmm........

Across the street is the Hughes Llama
Ranch.  Laura and Shelly this one is
for you guys!

Cypress tree Tunnel 
The view from my room


On the way down the coast my car
just stopped.  I realized that I was
very near the Navarro Vineyards
and she was trying to tell me I must go in.  I had a lovely stop, tasted as much wine as I could and still drive and
came away with 5 cases of wine.
As I was loading them in the car I
realized that I would drink at least
one before I ever left the States so I  went back in and procured another
to drink before i left for La Paz.

    Jeff, Ann and I spent a day visiting Jack London Square.  It was a beautiful
day on the Waterfront and it is always good to see those two.
     



    It was a great day for driving
when I left for Oxnard.  The sun was
out and the sky was blue and there
were parts of  of the drive that
cruised along the Pacific.  As I looked
out over the ocean and saw the Santa
Barbara Channel there was a FLOOD
of amazing memories that hit me. I had
to pull over.  I was vividly reminded
of my trip on Jasdip down the coast
by myself.  The trip was incredible and
all the memories just screamed into my consciousness.  It was indescribable!
(I can say that because these words
just aren't doing it but hopefully you
get the idea!) So when I got to Mark and Joyce's I was high as a kite from
that experience.
     As usual those guys are always moving and shaking.  We had a bike
ride and lunch at a favorite dive on  the
beach.  I watched the cats grow
some more. Hours of entertainment!!
Saw the water and it was sooooooo..
clear!!! Sat on the beach. Walked the
beach lookeing for
beach glass.  Cooked and ate the best
meals. I am so grateful for my friends
and family allowing me to
share their slices of their own
heaven with me. We all have our
own
worlds and friends and such and
this past summer was all about
sharing them with me.  I had one of the
best summers of my life in 2012 and
will never forget it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment