Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Day In The Life

I covet this bike
  Well it has quieted down here a great
deal. Art and Jaye of Arione have been
nice enough to let me borrow one
of their folding bicycles.  They have
really cool ones.  I have been having a
great time riding around town and
getting to know La Paz. It just doesn't
seem very big when you have a bike
but very big when you
are walking.

Too Fun

Quanto Questa?
My feet have always
been the pits so I have have been trying
to break them in to walking and many
blisters, shoes and moleskin by the yard I am
now able to walk quite a bit.  Funny.......it
was never about the exercise I love that.
It was always about my feet hurting.
   On one of my outings the other day
I found this beautiful house with the
most beautiful stained glass window.
I executed an immediate U turn (it wasn't
pretty) in front of about 8 Mexican
construction workers taking a break
Ever Present Lovelies
and almost ran into them.  I was laughing
and making noises and they were just laughing
and shaking their heads. "Crazy Gringo
Lady".  We all smiled and I managed not
to hurt myself or any of them and got a few
pictures to boot.  On that same ride I
found a great little coffee shop that has
latte's, espresso and also organic medium
roast coffee beans from Veracruz.  I
bought some to try and it is the best I have
found in Mexico!  I am so happy because
Lisa and I DO LOVE OUR COFFEE!
 
  Did I mention that the Norther has left us
and it is around 80 and sunny again?  I was
getting worried about the weather for when
Might even be warm enough to get in.
Lisa visits but I now know that it comes
and goes and it will probably
be very nice when she gets here in Feb.
   Meanwhile....back at the "ranch" I checked
out the pool again and this time I found
a hot tub!  Will wonders never cease.
It is such a beautiful Grotto like affair.
There is also a huge bird cage with parakeets
galore and even a few Java Temple birds.
Haven't seen one of them since I owned one
when I was 7.


I followed the sounds

   I had been told that some of the
ladies on the docks get together for
coffee every Wed. I decided I would head up
and say hi and meet them.  When I got
there they were playing dominoes so I
sat and met everyone, had a bit of
coffee and headed back to the boat.
Very nice folks but the coffee is much
better on Jasdip except for the fact
that you don't have to make it
yourself.



Ladies Coffee

  
 

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear that you are settling in and enjoying La Paz!

    Coming to Maz, huh? Looking forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete