Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Post Christmas

Sunrise

Oralia and Ana

Christmas on the Beach

Another Group Feast
 Christmas day
 we all piled into Steve and
Ana's two cars and headed to the
beach. Our first stop was Balandra which
is a very beautiful place.  It was also a very
popular place and was packed.
So we drove down the road to Tecolote.
Another beach out towards the Islands in
the Sea of Cortez  east of La Paz.  Tecolote
has a view of Isla Espiritu Santo. It was a
beautiful day and there was very little wind.
I had my first Chocolate Clam!  Boy those
critters are good. As usual there was laughter,
beers, a bit of wine and some getting
wet.
   Headed home for a delicious filet minion roast
Doug cooked. And a gift swapping.  I must
say I was once again not prepared!  I am
not good at that.  Carla did receive an
unusual but handy Gift from Karen which will
come in handy this summer I am sure.  It is
a decorative Ice pack to be worn in the
cleavage for keeping one "cool as a cucumber".



Carla modeled it but I hesitated and then my opportunity was gone.












  La Costa is one of our favorite hang outs.
The food is good and the margaritas are GREAT!
Even I like them!! And soooooo consistent.
They were so good that those guys
convinced me to take Jasdip to the Islands
for New Years. We packed up food and drink
and Hotel California, Odyssey, Coral Rose
and Jasdip headed out.
    The first night I anchored a bit out in the
middle of the bay so we were forced to suffer a bit of wave action that night.
Next morning I moved and tucked in closer to the
Shore so New Years Eve was windy but not
New Years Day

  bouncy.  We did the "Chicken Dance" on the beach to bring in the new year and motored home.
My jib still wasn't fixed.
   The boat is getting back together and things are getting done.  There were a several days of
rather cool cloudy weather and I was getting
worried but the sun has returned and all is
well with the world.
   My jib is fixed and I will put it up as soon as the wind stops blowing. It has been blowing about
20knots today in the marina and there are white caps
and breaking waves out in the Bay.
Caleta Partida
  I was sorry to see Karen and Tim leave.  We had

such a good time.  It was like old times at Gate
11.
   Now it is a New Year and back to boat projects.
More about those later.


1 comment:

  1. So happy that we got to spend Christmas with you, Crit. Looking forward to more good times (and margaritas) with you somewhere!

    ReplyDelete