Friday, February 25, 2011

Preparations for and Lisa's Arrival

Hot tub and infinity pool and wine
Most of the week before Lisa's arrival I had
Bronchitis and was trying to recover. Luckily
I did.  Just in time to welcome two wonderful
Friends from Colorado.  They had been in
San Jose Del Cabo (SJC)  staying just above
the Marina where Jasdip and I spent a couple of weeks. They were staying in one of Klaudia's
client's home.  When I was well on Monday, she and Jane drove to La Paz for a visit. We had a great time and of course they wanted margaritas so guess where we
wound up?  La Costa.  The BEST margaritas in
Mexico.  Good food too.
The folks here are starting to Love me!I feel so welcome!
  We sat in the sand and ate, laughed and drank.
Then the girls took off back to SJC.
  Tuesday I picked up a rental car to take to
SJC the next day and fetch Lisa.  I was a bit nervous
at first driving in MX but I hate being afraid of anything so I persevered.  I now don't mind it and actually rather like it (except at night).
  The rest of that day I was able to do errands
and best of all...grocery shopping with
no one waiting for me.  I must have spent
3 hours in Chedraui.  It was a gift.  I bumped into
Kathy on Wild Rose and offered her a ride home
with her groceries as long as she had no  time
frame.  We finished up and wound up at
Lisa enjpying the sunset from the rooftop deck
El Corazon for a snack and a glas of wine.
  Back to our respective boats.  I was still
getting ready for my company.
  Next morning I left in plenty of time and sat
at Terminal One waiting. There was no sign of a
flight from Los Angeles.I talked to a woman there
who explained that if it was Alaska that she might
be coming in at Terminal Two.  Terminal Two????
Didn't even know there was a Terminal Two.
Hightailed it to Terminal Two and low and
behold there was the flight from LA.  Thirty minutes
later Lis came out through customs! After the
reunion we decided it was too late to
drive back to La Paz so we decended on


the home Klaudia and Jane were staying in  (We were actually invited).
   Wow we felt we had just landed in Conde Naste
Travel Mag.  We sat in the hot tub,drank wine, watched the sunset, swam in the infinity pool
we cooked ourselves a Five Star Meal.
What is not to like!  It was the perfect start
to a two week visit.





Our Fantastic Dinner. Girlfriends!
   This was Jane's "room".  It is really a separate
casita with a courtyard.
It was with much difficulty that we pried ourselves
out the door and home.

3 comments:

  1. What a great looking house! Lisa looks great, so glad you two had such a good time! Sorry we missed Lisa, next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like another wonderful time. Sure wish Lisa could stay forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was wonderful getting to spend time with you and Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete