Wednesday, August 3, 2011

North From Bahia Agua Verde

Mazu,  Mel &Elaine Went South
Found these guys again in Escondito!

    Time to say good bye to
 Aqua Verde and
some new friends!
 Enticed aboard by
promises of Bombay Saphire
and very cold
beer!  Had a great visit and then
 off to our respective
boats.
    The scenery the next day was very pretty
but it was hot as usual. Removed the
windows from the dodger and only
have the top of it on as well as the
Bimini. No wind to speak of and the
shoulder still hurt.So no sailing that day.
 I had to weave in and
out and by all these beautiful "Islands"
(ROCKS).  Many of the obstacles and
reefs are marked but there is always
a chance of finding one accidentally and
that was not on my dance card for that
day. I was sort of headed to Escondito
for a place to fix the alternator, get water,
get internet and some provisions.  I was
also still looking for friends on Voyager,
Wild Rose and Free Spirit.
  As I approached
Los Candelleros (where some friends
were headed) I decided to pass it by
and check it out on the way
back.  On the approach to Puerto
Escondito I hailed Free Spirit
 and Wild rose
and I found them both at
Bahia Marquer.
I was excited about getting to
 see some friends
and finding a place to
 just hang for a while.
Marquer was about the
Los Candelleros Little did I know...
same distance as
Escondito from where
I was so I changed
course and headed there.
   When I got there I was astounded. It was
as pretty or prettier than Isla San Francisco!
I felt like I had died and gone to heaven.
Jasdip at Bahia Marquer
Anchored, found a bathing suit, got a
gin and tonic, got my noodle and jumped
in the crystal clear water!!
   Dinner and wine with Dave on Free
Spirit. A happy camper was I.....

 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment