Wednesday, January 11, 2012

" I'm Baaaaaaaaaaakk" but wait I need coffee!

Sharon & Crit
   Christmas is past and now it
is the New Year.  The holidays are 
tough on me as well as many of us 
I know. Two very special women in
and another very special man in my life died last year. One in March (Steve), one in  October 
(Sharon) and the other in December
(Diana Jesse). I had just 
seen them and for that I was grateful.
I also know that I am carrying on just
as they would want me to. Guess I am 
getting to that age when your friends and
family members can....without notice....
leave you behind. Well that is all the 
more reason to get on with what we
want to do!!!!!
     There were many gatherings around the holidays so persevere I
did.  This one on Mimia ( Mark and
Mimi's boat).  We had a great time
laughing, singing (or rather trying to sing). Luckily we had a few good
guitar players there. And generally annoying our neighbors.
  Then there was a nice gathering
Ingo on His Valiant 40 Seaaddler
on Seaaddler with Ingo and Espe!
They just slid out of town two
days ago, very quietly, because
Ingo is very broken up about
selling his boat. They were the
sole owners of Seaaddler and the
time has come but he isn't liking it.
They will be missed.




Ingo and Espe
      Sergio Gallinda then invited a bunch of gringos to his house and fed us
tamales, wine, other delicious food and generally kept us up until after 9pm.
Sergio and Lupita
He had us wide awake, although
blindfolded, whacking at a
beautiful Piñata.  We were forced
to "sing" (and I use the word
loosely ) in Spanish (we did not
know the melody or the words.....
one can only imagine what we sounded like!) Several "sick
cows with their feet caught in their
mouthes" to quote Bob Dylan.
  The tamales were fabulous
and the company was great.
After the Piñata was summarily
destroyed.......given i couldn't
find a lampshade.....I donned
one of the pointy ends of
the lovely piñata while others
dived for the candy!
 There is Michael (Milagro), Lupita
and her mom, Maria. The ladies
made the tamales that day. The house was decorated for Christmas
and a few neighbors joined in the
fun.





Then there was the Casa Ana




Cruisers Party.  The food was the best yet and the company, delightful. For some
strange reason I did not take very many pictures. However we were not as close to home that evening so lamp shades were not donned!
It was a bitter sweet occasion due to the absence of  Mr. Steve who shall remain ever missed and forever in our hearts.......

2 comments:

  1. Nice post, Crit. I sure didn't expect to see Steve and when I did I started to cry. I do miss him. Thank you for keeping him alive in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the pictures of the gang - looks like a wonderful holiday was shared by all. You are right though - we are missing our Steve! Life is just not the same without him around.

    ReplyDelete