Monday, October 11, 2010

Mission Bay Here I Come

   Well I had plans for an early dinner and sleep
but I guess things don't always go as we plan.My neighbor came by in his dinghy and asked if I wanted to catch a movie....then confessed he
had seen the movie and really just wanted popcorn.
 We chatted and I told him I could make
him popcorn.  Alas it was a delightful evening
and I really enjoyed our exchange, I mean really,
enjoyed it.  Alas.....complications...and I waved goodbye in the AM.  He raised my spirits and  gave me hope though that
there might just be someone out there that I could
share some time with.

I didn't leave at 4am. It was just too dark and
cold.  So it was around 6am.  There was
no wind in the am so I motored and tried to book
as fast as I could since Ihad 64 miles to go.
  Got to  Mission Bay as the sun was setting.
Man it is hard to see where one needs to go
until one is right on top of the entrance.  I looked
and looked but it wasn't till I was very close that I
actually saw the entrance.  While I was crossing
there was a pod of dolphins that stayed with me for almost an hour.  I finally went below to get a sandwich and stopped talking to them and they
left.  I could hear them talk and I tried (good thing I was alone) to answer them. God they are beautiful!!
   

     


No comments:

Post a Comment