Friday, October 15, 2010

Social Days

Marnie in the Middle

 
So Many Wines So Little Time

 

The Birthday Party
   I must admit that it has been very busy
socially around here.  Tuesday David Foy
decided to fly down and visit.  We went to the
Gaslamp District and wandered around looking for wine,
food and live music in that order.  We found several places but this little wine bar was really cute.  It was down some stairs to a small area with 3 doors.  We finally found the right door and went in only to find that for some the entertainment is watching on a monitor inside while the folks come down the stairs and try to figure out where to go.  So they have a camera that plays above the bar.
   Finally wound up at a place called "Shout" with "dueling pianos".  The two musicians take requests and depending on how much money is attached to your request they will play the songs.

Carla and Monique (the Birthday Girl)

Or... if one thinks that the other can do it better
he throws the request across the pianos for the
other guy to sing and play.  I guess you had to be 
there but they were all amazing musician.
   The next morning we took a cab to Shelter Island to check out the Police Dock (they have guest slips)  and where West Marine is etc. It was a good walk and I got to get the feel for where I might be going next.
   Thursday evening Marnie picked me up and took me to a birthday party for a friend of hers.  It was great!  It was held in a wine bar and the pizzas and cheese was to die for as well as great wine and fun folks.  I might have to go back to that place before I leave.
   Slept in a bit this am it was almost raining. 
I really do want to see the sun.  I get blue when
I don't get my vitamin D.  Not much being done on the boat as far as what I need to do but I do hope to get motivated pretty soon.  Come on Sun.


Still having a bit of trouble getting the pictures where I want them but I now know how to get rid of that big space at the bottom that sometimes appears out of nowhere.

4 comments:

  1. Social activity, plus new friends - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much fun keeping up with you! We just returned from our extended trip - went to haul out at Svens. ... great bottom .... but the night be4 getting bk. in the water found a leak in the prt. diesel fuel tank ...:-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanted to let everyone know we talked with Crit yesterday. She was sailing in Mexico with Ben and 2 other friends. Should be able to connect with internet within 24 hours or so. Safe and happy. Mark and Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update, Joyce! Sent her an email yesterday but wasn't sure she was within phone or email reach. Obviously, the phone is a better bet, huh??? LOL! Looking forward to talking to you, Critter! xo

    ReplyDelete