Saturday, June 25, 2011

In Between Visits

Pamela & Paul from Tug Tub
     Well there was the great fun I had with Pamela and Paul. They returned the end of May and we were supposed to meet up and travel North into the Sea.
Alas I was having problems with my instruments
and wanted them to be fixed before I left so I
got behind.  In retrospect I should have left.
I would probably have all my instruments except
GPS.  Now I have GPS but nothing else!!
Oh well.  Finally got in touch with them just as they were leaving for San Carlos to put their boat on the
hard for the summer.  Alas, our visiting will have to
wait until next year.
   
Richard and Carol on Vela
   Then Romaine, Christy and Dave came down to La Paz.  They had signed up for a Kayak trip around
Isla Ispiritu Santos.  The outfit that they signed up with is just a block from Marina Palmira so I got to see them and hang for a bit.  Their schedule was
tight so not much time but any time is better than no time.  They  had a pretty good trip but there was a
Norther that blew through and made wind and waves and made for hard kayaking.
    Met a great couple on the sailboat Vela.  They are from Oregon and are just the greatest folks.  We were neighbors for quite some time and had many a
One of my favorite pictures of Steve and Ana
happy hour and dinner together.  Carol  and I were
frequent visitors to the pool as it was getting very
hot. Alas the co-owner of the boat wanted her to be in San Diego for the summer so Fletch and Richard headed around to Cabo San Lucas and waited for a weather window to go North.  They tried twice but it was just too nasty so they turned
back.  Last I heard.....Richard went home to OR and Fletch was going to bring Vela back to La Paz.
Haven't heard yet.
    There were lots of parties, especially if you know Steve and Ana.  They were always getting invited
to them and I got to tag along.  Got to meet many folks that way and it was always a great party.
Crit, Ardy and Ana
   Then there were "Girls" luncheons. This one was
Dinner and Dominoes aboard Momo
a great lunch at La Marmollera. The food was
GREAT and the price was even better.  
     One evening I was invited over to
SV/Momo for dinner and dominoes. Beverly
and Dick were there as well.  Beverly and
Dick had been cruising for 13 years and have
been around the world at least once maybe
twice. Dick is a very funny guy and between that and Bruno's English (he occasionally needs some translation help from Ivonne) it was a rollicking game of dominoes and we all laughed almost too much.
Did I mention the dinner was fabulous!


A Yogurt Trip

     Did I mention the new Yogurt place on the
Malecon in La Paz?  Well there were a few trips to
get yogurt in there as well.  My mouth is now watering for some and I think it might be the first 
place I hit when I return.  Dave and I really loved it.
    Speaking of Dave (from SV/Free Spirit) he has a truck AND he just got his air conditioning fixed in it!!
He has given me many a ride to the store or Lopez Marine for boat parts and food.  He likes to take road trips as well and I was the recipient of that as
well.  One day we went to Triumpho. It is a beautiful little city on the way to Cabo.  We looked at the 
Triumpho Cafe
Hand laid stones and brick 
architecture and
we also took a hike to the old gold smelter in the
back of the restaurant.
                                                                                           

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.


It is a very cute, quaint town. The cafe had
fresh baked bread for sale and what looked like
great food however it might take two days to get
a sandwich and three for a Pizza.   Oh well......
next time.

Dave in front of Mr Harley Davidson's house on Harley Street
Gold Smelter Plant and Triumpho Cafe in the Foreground
Beautiful Brick Wood fired Pizza Oven
Mexican " Fuller Brush Man"
Dave trying to get an artistic shot up the chimney!





Reward for a hard day of playing tourist!

No comments:

Post a Comment