Thursday, September 16, 2010

Channel Islands Harbor

I was met by my dear friend Joyce. We had champagne and 
Joyce put her bike on the boat and drove us to my 
slip.  It was then that I realized my transportation would  be by bike.  I think I might have to get one of those fold-able things. Today we rode to Port Hueneme and back so all cocktails and dinner will be earned.  I ordered replacement glasses that should meet me in San Diego.  I procured a new camera (Steve it is 10x zoom) that is not waterproof but Ben got me snack size zip locks and everything will go in them from now on. My temporary phone is supposed to be here NOW! Joyce is here talking to a fisherman, she has never met a stranger.  I can relate.
   I am staying with two former restaurant owners and gourmet chefs.  I am suffering so badly.  We had a "crappy" dinner with my future real estate agent and his wife (who happens to be a CERTIFIED financial planner among other great items). There is always something going on around the Linnetts.  We are going sailing on Saturday with J,M, two other friends.
I actually am looking forward to that.
  Sunday will be the Farmer's Market and Monday I leave.  To where you say?  I don't know yet......maybe Catalina, maybe San Diego.....who the heck knows.
 





2 comments:

  1. Crit, when you get to La Paz in December you can have Ana's folding bike. Just be aware that it tends to fall over a lot whenever someone (can't mention any names) is riding it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The foldy bikes are great - we have two aboard Arione. It sounds like you're suffering terribly down there, you poor thing...

    We're in Monterey - planning to leave Tuesday evening for Morro Bay.

    ReplyDelete