Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Half Moon Bay




Finally, I "got out of Dodge".  Not without a lot of help from my friends though.  Nervous? Not too bad cause this was an annual trip for Gate 11 and the Passport Owners Association (POA). I arrived and rafted up with several other Passports.  It was a weekend of Partying that was for sure. There was the goodbye party (sniff)  from my POA friends.  With Cake and all.  Everyone had blue teeth. Then the Gate 11 Beach party !  And the Yacht Club BBQ with live music and dancing.

Then of course                                                    
there was the requisite "Dinghy
Incident". Fatalities included the phone, the camera and my  good glasses. Those were the 3 things I was most worried about. Well the universe reminded me once again that it is just material stuff and it aint the end of the world. So I got that 
over with in "one swell foop".
  After everyone left I rested for a day and prepared for my next hop to San Simeon.  Nervous? You betcha!  Off I went.  Got to San Simeon around 11am
anchored and slept.  What a beautiful place.  No pictures, no camera, no phone too bad.
  Left the next day 7am for Channel Islands Harbor.  Arrived after 28hours in the fog to one of the prettiest harbors I have ever seen.  
  Joyce rode her bike to the Jasdip to welcome me and we shared some VERY cold champagne.
   

8 comments:

  1. Hooray Crit!!! I am following your adventure- thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crit!!! Thanks for sending us the link to the blog - Vic and I will follow you and be with you in spirit! Have a blast you deserve it- love you, Eldore'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crit, I am so glad you are living your dream and we know Dan is looking down on you and smiling that big smile of his! Love you, Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Critter,
    Things appear to be going so well...you deserve this and I can't wait to join the "party"...."Here's to lots of good times and better wine!" Hugs,Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing it Girlfriend - we are so excited for you!

    Looking forward to reading more about your adventures and we will see you in Mexico!

    Love Carla and Doug

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Crit...I am joining your blog...

    Trent and Olga

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Critter,

    Sorry we missed your call the other day. Hooray finally in Catalina!!! Did Ben get your your glasses?? Don't forget about Zihua for Thanksgiving??? Always welcome. Love and miss you Mark and joyce

    ReplyDelete