Friday, September 24, 2010

Waiting it out in Smugglers

 Well I was pretty happy to see Smugglers Cove
even if it was only slightly and only for 30 min.  Cause
the fog decended right after I got there and one could see NADA.  Tuesday evening I had lots of company one boat was "Just In Time".  That was Casey from San Francisco.  I heard Rocky barking first and then popped up to say hi.  We had a few really nice visits.  I am in love with Rocky.  I might just have to get a Dog. Casey also showed me his new Satellite Phone.  Guess that might be in the cards for me.
 This photo of Anacapa is for Mark and Joyce.  We didn't make it out there but the moon coming over the island was just spectacular. It was wonderful being by myself.  I didn't have too many distractions and actually did several shoulder excercises.  It really helps! What a concept.
 Well I stayed at Smugglers for 4 days cause of Gale force winds etc, etc, etc.  I shot a picture of the amp meters for the wind gernerator and the solar panels.  It was 5pm and the wind was picking up as the sun was going down.  Later that night I had up to 30 on that wind meter (the bottom one).  Didn't mind the noise there was so much of it that it was all "white" noise.
  The next shot is also for Mark and Joyce.  Anacapa is a very beautiful island and I am sorry we didn't make it but it would have taken us forever.
Pluss the winds and waves that day were very snotty.  I think there was a small craft advisory out for the area. 
  I almost hated to say good bye to Smugglers.  I
really enjoy the being there.  I hope to get better at the getting there.  Anchored in Two Harbors and I hope the anchor is set.  Been watching it for the last 2 hours and it seems to be pretty good.  Guess I will try to get some sleep. Until tomorrow.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Crit. So happy to see you are living your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crit, looks like you are doing great! So happy and proud of you!

    ReplyDelete