Sunday, September 19, 2010

Channel Islands Still

Still here in this beautiful place.  More wonderful dinners with friends and a surprise visit from folks from San Francisco.We took JASDIP out for a spin today with Joyce, Mark, Tom and Judy. The Kitty (Gene) stayed home. Headed for Anacapa but it was a bit rough and we turned around and decided to head back and have our picnic at the dock.  Another great day.
  I met some folks here Rick and Trina.  We were chatting about boats and in particular, about my Rocna anchor and he mentioned someone named Casey who had one just like mine and swore by it. As a matter of fact he was usually in the slip that I currently occupied.  I said "Does he work for West Marine?" Rick said yes and I actually knew who he was talking about.  Not 5 minutes later another sailboat showed up and it was Casey, Judy and Rocky (the pup).  What a small world!
  Mark was cold but a good time was had by all. It was so hard to say goodbye to the Linnetts but I guess it had to happen sooner or later.
  After our late lunch, wine and sunning they all left.
I went next door to talk to Casey and Judy.  They were full of good advice about the Channel Islands and Casey even had an extra weight belt I could get if I wanted.  Now I have equipment to dive on the
Prop or the rudder should anything happen to stuff below the water line.  I truly hope that doesn't happen ever or at least not until the water is warmer!

Tomorrow I will head to Smugglers cove on Santa Cruz Island or perhaps Two Harbors on Catalina Not quite sure yet. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time - sure wish we were with you to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete