Thursday, December 9, 2010

My New Home (for a while)

I went to Subasta on Sunday which is a fair that benefits education for the youths of Mexico.  It was very nice.I ate tamales and had a couple of beers
as well as donated some more money to the local
educational organization. I also met up with
friends who were doing the same thing. It was
a great reunion and then I went home.
  I was beat.  I slept 12 hours and woke up ready to
do projects. Changed fuel filters( my generator
does not like dirty fuel) and got that running smoothly.Then I decided I needed to varnish something.
I always feel better after having varnished
something.
  Before I started to varnish I had to marvel
at the clear water next to my boat.  And at the
vast quantities of fish in them.  That same
afternoon I looked down again and I
could see the bottom.  I am in a Marina
and I can see the bottom!!!!! Who'd a
thunk.
I started with galley and then moved to the head.
  It was so rewarding.  I actually felt like
I could rest on my laurels, get out my dock
chair and with cocktail in hand watch
the sun go down. It was a beautiful
pink sunset.  My neighbors
Jeff and Anne joined me on the dock
we all watched the sun go down together



Anne













2 comments:

  1. Wish we could have been with you to watch the sunset - looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great slip, Crit and have never been in a more secure marina! I must say, that on top of varnishing and changing oil filters you make a pretty mean arachera taco!

    ReplyDelete