Saturday, December 11, 2010

Odds and Ends

Jasdip
   If you look real closely you can see the
requisite cross up on the hill above the bay
(Marina).  As usual we are well protected.
There are crosses everywhere and I feel so
safe.

La Paz from Marina Palmyra
Well I took
a dinghy
ride into La
Paz from the
Marina for
the first time.
It sure didn't
take very long
but the waves


were not high and the wind was                           light. I was flying. I love my dinghy and                    motor! I came back
from town with a case of wine in my rolling backpack.  As of today I am very glad it
 made
Just Another Sunset
the cut on the boat.  I think I will venture
farther and farther as I get more confident
and make sure I have everything in the
dinghy for all possible scenarios.







I love these lamp post Dragons


Odd Fishing
 One morning I heard drumming and stepped
out on the deck. At first I thought I was dreaming (or having a nightmare) that I was back in Oakland and the Dragon Boats were out practicing on the estuary. There was a Panga moving along the breakwater outside the marina.  The man in the
red shirt was periodically throwing a "spear" attached to a line out in front of the boat.  It didn't
look like he ever speared anything but then I think there was another man behind him who speared
the fish after they came over to see what that thing
in the water was.  Anyway I will try to find out
but that is the theory so far.
This is the beach along the main drag in La Paz.  I just love the Palapas.  I do hate that I must
have put my grubby fingers on the lens though.  I have since cleaned it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Crit, a dinghy ride all the way into town! That was pretty adventurous! You continue to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your dingy out and explored the bay. Maybe next the Magote? The beach is very nice over there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crit:
    We've been enjoying the blog. Almost feels like we're traveling along with you. We're trying our best to get Tension Reliever ready to follow in your wake. October 2011 will be here before we know it. Wind generator is on, enclosure is next then solor panels. We are using you as inspiration... so you go girl!!! Rosanna and Rick

    ReplyDelete