Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Well I missed a few days here and there so I wanted to catch up.  This video (if it actually loads) is of a pod of
dolphins that swam with us for over an hour. Ben was hanging off the bow taking videos of them. He actually touched this one right before the dolphin looked up, to the right, smiled and then swam away.
The smile is right at the end.  You will  have to look closely. Ben kept that camera amazingly still for this.
 Speaking of Ben...I was just talking to Don (of the yellow shorts) and he figured out how you got

those fins on the lifelines and now, (bless my heart),
I  feel pretty stupid.  Anyway every day is always a learning experience around here.
   Last Friday Don, Kathie ( from Wild Rose) and I went in to La Paz to wander and then go to Milano's for
a Friday Special Pasta Treat.  It was a full meal with tastes of as many pasta's as you wanted.  It seemed like a good deal so I tagged along.  We wandered the Malecon and there was a big shindig going on by the
municipal pier.  It was a high school function where 10 teams of kids got together and designed, engineered and built prototypes of something that is useful for the community.  Then each team had a booth where they
explained and were marketing their product.  After visiting each booth we were then asked to vote for 1.
The kids were so enthusiastic,well spoken and bright that is was a wonderful experience.  We wound up
voting for three different teams but they were all great. One example was an amazing water purification system
that really didn't cost the user anything but time.  Another was a portable stove, BBQ and oven all in one...
very light and beautifully built.  Another one was an amazing fold able house frame for emergency housing that
is portable and sturdier than tents and such.  Anyway...you get the idea.
Don and Kathi on the Malecon and
the team with the water purification
method..
  So we finally got to Milanos and the
pasta, wine and company was to die for.
Kathi and Don were also the folks
that I went to see the Whale Sharks
with.
  Then I can't believe Jaye and her turkey missed
the food section of the Thanksgiving Blog.
What was I thinking!!! So better late than never.....
here is Jaye de-stuffing the Yummeeee turkey.
Boy was it tender and delicious. My mouth is watering
just thinking about it.
  So here I am still at Marina Palmyra but now out toward the bay in a 40 ft slip. It is less expensive here
and It seems a great place to spend Christmas.
Steve and Ana are in town so I think I will shower and go find them. Later.

2 comments:

  1. Cool video! You are living the dream, Crit! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the smile!!! What a hoot! Good job, Ben!

    ReplyDelete