Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Whale Sharks




Wow!!! What a treat! I know the
pictures won't do this justice. The video
might but I don't have that yet.  There were
5 of us paying customers a videographer
and the boat Captain.  We went out into
the La Paz Bay and there they were.  It
seems that you just drive around slowly
and they can be spotted by their fins
or their white bellies as they feed.  They are
the biggest fish in the world and live on
Krill.  They are very docile as I am not
too sure if they have any enemies other
than man of course.
 <>
The first order of the day was to reconnect my fin straps!

   I finally brought my fins with me as I have

tried and tried to get the strap back on.
Ben "bless his heart" (you are just so strong) used them in Cabo
and nicely rinsed them and hung them on the
lifelines to dry. It took me several days
before I decided to take them off and
realized that I wasn't sure how to do that.
I finally got one off but the other one was
hanging there for weeks. So on the way to
the dive shop and then again at the dive
shop it became a challenge for everybody to
put them back together. These two finally
succeeded but Don (yellow shorts) said
he wanted to meet this Ben fella.


   I was so happy to have my favorite fins
back and I needed theem to keep ip with
these fish. When they are feeding they stay

sort of in the same place but when they
start to move they are fast!.  I had to move
a few times cause they will suddenly turn and they don't care if you are there or not. One is not supposed to
touch them so I was back peddleing
with gusto.  
  We picked a very calm warm day and
were so lucky.  The next day there were
whitecaps in the bay and it was terribly
windy (a Norther is still with us).  How
fortunate can one be.  Our original guide
apparently could not reach the fella that set
it up the evening before so she cancelled
and took someone else but the ladies at
Marina Palmyra found us a company and we
were thrilled and glad that the other
folks cancelled.
   The videographer made a CD of the whole
day and of course I had to buy it. Pricy
but it is really well done  and it is actually all of
us with our whales. 
   Came back to the Marina, sat in the sun
had wine and bacon wrapped camarones
(shrimp) and basked in the sun with
the fresh memories of an incredible
experience!
Well I am moving today to a 40ft slip and I had
best get a move on.

Jasdip in her berth from the resturant


















3 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that you are enjoying the wildlife, plus life in general. You are doing so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crit,
    We're havin' a couple of Xmas parties here (Martinez) this weekend ... wish you were here. We travel to da beach 12/15 & will stay through New Years. When ya comin' home?
    Love your pics! If you click on them they become full screen. Real vivid & clear.
    Besos y Abrazos, Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Absolutely love these pictures, Critter! So incredible! What an adventure you are on, my friend!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete