Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bahia De Los Muertos Then La Paz

Moon Rise Over Muertos
    Well I was just informed by Doug and Carla on Moondance that there will be many more beautiful places to anchor and see beyond Los Frailles.  I do have much to look forward to.
   I arrived in Los Muertos late that afternoon
and was planning to stay but the weather
looked as though it would turn bad
pretty quickly.  Since I had already been to Los Muertos and the bay was rough I didn't want to try to get the dinghy motor on it or
for that matter try a beach landing and take off  with the dinghy at night.  I decided to hang on the boat and leave again the next morning.



Red Sky In the Morning Sailors Take Warning
 The next morning the sky was deep crimson. I headed out right at sunrise for La Paz.
 I had plan a,b and c.  One was to anchor in
Ballandra Bay at the mouth of the La Paz
Channel.  It was still light enough so I proceeded
down the Channel.
    I passed that big ROCK and was glad that a)  it was daylight and b) that is was lit up at night.
   It was really a beautiful afternoon...fairly long
day thought and I was glad to get in.
  I anchored off of Marina De La Paz for the night
and slept like a rock (as in Rocna).  The next morning I decided  Iwas a bit close to the
channel and moved the boat closer to shore.
    My next spot just happened to be right next to

Sunrise Over the Life Raft
Camelot.  It was good to see Laurie and Tom
again.  They seem to be adjusting just fine.
I have tried to get a spot at one of the Marinas
but they are all pretty full.  Who da thunk.  Anyway
I headed into town to just scope out a bit
had a margarita and then back to the boat. 
On my way back I saw a Passport 40 anchored fairly close to me so I checked it out.
Come to find out that it is none other than Rondeau
Bay.  She once belonged to Jim Ellis formerly of
Gate 11.  This fellow was the second owner since
Jim.  What a small world.
   I visited for a bit then home to Jasdip.



Coastline Around the Tip of Baja




   Coctail hour and evening breezes.  Ah Bombay,
tonic and lime.  The nectar of the Gods.
Slept like a baby and now I am going to explore again and see what kind of trouble I can get into
today.  Adios me amigas.


Moon Rise Over La Paz



Sunrise Over La Paz

Wouldn't want to come up on this puppy in the dark.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing good, Crit. Glad to hear that you made it to La Paz and are enjoying the ride. Looking forward to seeing you on 12/17. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these pictures, Critter!!! They are beautiful! Sounds like you're moving right along and having a great time doing it!! I miss you, honey! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete