Monday, November 15, 2010

Cabo

The Arch at Cabo
We rounded the corner and anchored.  It was very rolly and windy but apparently it was also  very dangerous in the marina.  Too expensive as well. Launched the dinghy and set off for the Ha Ha parties.  The beach party was wonderful.  The food was GREAT!!!  Tuna shishcabobs and pork arrachera. It was also a tremendous deal, 12.00. Then the awards ceremony was next 
on the 6th.  We of course got 3rd place......as did most of the fleet.  Ben left the next day but before he left he did so much work around the boat it was amazing.  I really felt bad cause we finally got somewhere warm and he had to leave.  
   He has a friend of a friend in Cabo who did take him to the airport and I got to meet him on the 5th
Big Fish
of November.  
  Norm and Ellie got a hotel room and we 
met back up at the Awards Ceremony.
  I must admit it was good to have my boat back
to myself.  It was so salty.  I finally went
to Marina Baja and rented a slip for
2 days.  Got my boat washed and did
a bunch of provisioning.
  The day I was going to the market there was 
a very nice man at the dinghy dock by himself.
He invited me to breakfast and we chatted.  Wound  up going to Home Depot and Costco by bus.
We of course got too much stuff for the bus and 
got a cab home.  Then he cooked me dinner
on his boat. He is also single handing.  I am 
actually very surprised at the number of
single handed folks there are out here.
Good for me I guess.                                                              While at the dock in Cabo Jorge washed my
The Pirates Invaded Constantly
                                                                                                my boat for me.  I gave him Jam and Black Seal and Coke and the next day he brought me a 
proper hand fishing line with leaders and all and
showed me how to tie them on and told me which 
lures would catch which fish. He also brought me
a breakfast burrito and helped me with my spanish.  He became a very good friend.  So nice and always watching out for me.
His picture is below.
  My dinner on Kim's boat, Philiosophy,  was excellent.  What a great cook. I am afraid I was a bad influence on him (are we surprised) and he wound up with a hangover from the wine while for me it was an
average evening. I left the next day and thought I would meet up with him in San Jose Del but when he came by I had taken  advantage of some folks that rented a car and were headed to TelCel for a Banda Ancha (internet usb device) so I didn't get back until late.  Anyway I do hope to meet up again.
I will be leaving SJDC in the am for Frailles.  
   It has been great being here.  Lots of familiar characters as well as some wonderful new ones. 
  The local hang out  here is "The Container".  A great little place right by the Harbor Master's office.  I actually closed the place down the other night.  I actually stayed up until 9:30. 
Ben Was The Fisherman
I keep going back and forth between Cabo 
and San Jose Del Cabo...have patience with me. 
Hopefully once I catch up I will remember where
I am currently.  This is the life!!!!
    So on the way home from the Container I met 
these two guys.  We chatted for a couple of minutes
and they told me how much fish they had caught and 
either they offered or I asked (can't remember) to give me some FRESH tuna.  Are you kidding.....I drove them 100yards in the dinghy and they gave me two huge pieces of ahi tuna.  
  I invited Jay and art over the next evening  and we had Sushi, Tuna rolls, sashimi and seared ahi tuna on 
a bed of lettuce with sesame ginger dressing and 
toasted sunflower seeds and sesame seeds,
wasabi and pickled ginger.  
Best dinner I have had in a very long time.

The Grand PooBah and his Sweetie La Donna Demonstrating the  Endless Kiss for the other contestants
Jorge Mi Amiga in Cabo
who joined us and just seemed
to need to socialize.
  Guess I will go take some pictures and head 
back to the boat. Soon Amigas.
          

I






3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a ball and meeting lots of new people - just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tuna reminded me of Honey Bun! Much larger of course! I'm hoping you've learned not to name your food!!! ha! Pictures are great! Who are the pirates???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark L. said: Hi Critter! Cold/rainy in beautiful Martinez. We leave for Z-Wa on Thanksgiving Day & return to Martinez Dec. 5th. Are we gunna' see 'ya?
    Lub,M&J

    ReplyDelete