Monday, November 22, 2010

Los Frailles

 Well I have finally arrived.  This place is what
I have been waiting for. The water is 89 deg
and you can see for miles underwater,
The color of the water is just beautiful
and there are fish everywhere.
   There are several Palapas to pick from
while enjoying the beach and maybe a picnic.
I was hard pressed to leave but
I guess there will be more places.  I really can't
remember why I left.  Perhaps it will come to me
someday.  This was my first beach landing
with my dinghy as well as my first beach launch.
Sounds simple to most of you I know
but the truth is that it can be quite
lethal.  I actually did it twice.  Once that day
and again the next morning.
  There was a truck that came by two or three
times a week.  Literally a pickup truck with ice chests in the bed. There were fresh homemade
tortillas, a few cucmbers, I got a banana and a 1/2 gallon of milk. It was a great reason to do a
dinghy landing.  Kim, a fellow single hander, got
some chicken and 1 homemade tamale.  There
was only one left.  Guess the fisherman beat us
to it.  Apparently the truck and driver are furnished by the government as a service to the fisherman
so they can stay and fish and still eat.
   It was so much fun swimming off the side
of the boat. We had a few dinners on the
boats.  One night I made Tacos with
beef Arrachera that I picked up at
Costco of all places, in Cabo(something I must learn
to make).  Then coctails on Corvedae,
an Island Packet 36,  Nona and Steve.
Nona is a retired Operating room nurse.
 
Nothing in common there.
   Alas Arione showed up after having all of their
fuel lines replaced in San Jose Del Cabo.
Very glad to see them as I was worried when I left.
Next thing I know it was morning and
they had decided to leave after listening to
the weather report. It wasn't so good. I can now get reports on the Single Side Band  but at the time I was having
a bit of trouble getting that channel so I decided
to get out of Dodge.  Well maybe that's why I
left........it was enough to get me going. 
   So sadly I pulled up stakes (my anchor) and slipped out of Dodge.  Headed for Las Muertos.
So sorry to leave...I hope I find some places just as beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. More beauty to come for sure! We still find the islands around the Loretta area to be the most beautiful. Wait till you see them!

    ReplyDelete