Sunday, November 7, 2010

Turtle Bay

First stop, Turtle Bay.  Reminds me a bit of
Lake Powell.  At least the hills and the
color.  Of course we arrived at night
but it was somewhat familiar since I
had been there before.  We safely anchored and slept for a couple of hours then went into town
to look around.  We were thinking of having
lunch there.  I walked by the place I had been before which was great but I thought we should
try a new place.  Wound up at Enrico's for a
margarita.  I think the whole fleet decended on
the place at once.  Poor folks, no two glasses were the same and I am afraid it was just a bit of lime
juice with no tequila and they were very busy so it took a bit of time.  We decided to go back to
the Mother Ship and have lunch.  We did however contribute to the local economy.  I am pretty sure
they make enought on the three days the Ha Ha is there to live on all year. 
    The rest of the day was a lazy rest day(sort of) and we didn't have to get up till 7 am.  I was pooped.  I think my crew slept better than I did.
I stopped asking Norm how he slept cause I was jealous of his answer.  I am convinced that man can sleep anywhere and probably through anything.
   The next day was the Pot Luck BBQ on the beach.  I spent all morning making deviled eggs
only to have them smushed in the dinghy. 
I brought food for us to eat, ice and wine cause
I remembered the last time there wasn't
much food.  Well...was I surprised!!!  There was enough food to feed all 600 folks and have some
left over!  It was a great gathering. The surf was really nonexistant even though when Richard
(the Leader aka PooBah of the Ha Ha)  wound up
in the water.  We came later and the tide was way out.


i



Ellie and Norm went back on a Panga and Ben and I came back with the dinghy. 
  An early night for me cause the next leg started at
730am.
     The sunsets and sunrises get prettier and prettier
as you go south.  The weather was warm but not
really hot yet and the water temp was only 75.  No swimming yet.


1 comment: